Wow....This is going to be my first post this year. So..this was the question for the challenge.
We were just talking about this very subject the other day.
First...A has a whole lot more than when we (J and I) were growing up. A has his own tv and computer (for school work). He also has a gaming system or 2 or 3.
Yep, A is an only child. So, he probably has more than usual.
As for school, A's basic classes are about the same. But his extra curricular activities are way different from what we were ever offered. He has been in choir, orchestra, plays, art appreciation classes, and so much more.
As for travel, A has done more traveling than we ever did. As a family, we have been/lived in England, Germany, France, Rome and in the states, Maryland, DC, NY, New Jersey, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and Florida.
I grew up in a very small farm town. My grandparents owned a grocery store near our home. J grew up in a bigger town but not much more happened there.
J's and my parents worked. I am happy to be able to be a SAHM.
Here is another example of how A's life is different....This past week, we went to see CATS and Trans Siberian Orchestra. These were tickets that I had gotten for our family as Christmas presents. Needless to say, we loved both shows. Now A wants to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and possibly Wicked. Need I say more???
So, A's growing up experiences have been very different from ours.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
How is life different for your children than when you were growing up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Nice post Raquel. Yes, I think times are way different for my children than when I was a girl. Some are good and some are bad. That would be a cool layout - like a now and then. Thanks for the thought!
I totally agree on the travel thing. I didn't set foot on a plane until I was married and celebrating our first anniversary. My BFF's teenager thought she had a show choir competition in Chicago during the first weekend of spring break, and her solution was for us to go on to the condo "and I'll grab a flight out of O'Hare and join you Sunday afternoon." Like navigating ORD is nothing -- but she has been in and out of so many airports, she has the confidence to know what to do.
Post a Comment