Thursday, December 4, 2008

How did you meet your closest friend?

Okay, My closest friend is my husband. We have been married for 21 years. But let's start at the beginning. The first time we met, we were in the 2nd grade. Yep, we were in the same class. In middle school, we had classes together and had the same group of friends. This continued through high school. We were involved in a lot of the same activities at school.
We started dated the summer before our senior year in high school. He joined the military and we continued to see each other. Then we got married and have been together ever since.
He is my best and closest friend. We have shared so much. We have been there for each other through good, bad, happy and sad times. AND NO, I am not saying this because he is my husband. I am saying this because he is truly my best friend.

3 comments:

Jen Mc said...

That's very sweet! I said my closest friend was my DH too....

Benita said...

What a sweet story! My dh is my best friend as well :)

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and wanted to say that your story is a lot like mine. I met my husband in third grade. We were in the same class and we also started dating our junior year. Isn't it neat that you can share childhood memories? We have been married for 23 years and he is still my very best friend.